"What time is it? Now. Now is the only time that matters." - Josh Homme
Last night I watched the show, "The Buried Life" mostly out of boredom, but out of a little bit of curiosity. The show follows four guys who were fed up going through life with no direction. So they broke away from the pack and wrote down everything they wanted to do before they died. Each episode captures one thing on the list while they also help out a stranger cross something off of their own.
This got me thinking. What do I want to do before I die? Do I live my life with no direction? Do I appreciate my time and life or do I take it for granted?
Considering this post exists, you can surmise the answers to these are: I don't know, probably, and I'm definitely wasteful and ungrateful. So I sat down and started on my list (In no particular order). I'm sure this will change over time, especially in the next four months.
1. Be with my best friend, the one who makes me truly happy.
2. Learn to fly.
3. Bungee jump.
4. Skydive.
5. Dance with my dad at my wedding.
6. Get a college degree.
7. Open my own business.
8. Run a successful business that positively impacts others.
9. Travel the world with my best friend.
10. Win an award.
11. Ski the Alps.
12. Learn to sail.
13. Go to Machu Picchu.
14. Be a fantastic mother.
15. Road trip North America.
16. Live in a foreign country.
17. Run a marathon.
18. Help someone build a house.
19. Go to the Ancient City, Tenochtitlan.
20. Kiss the Blarney Stone.
21. Get a tattoo.
22. Travel from New York to the tip of South America without getting on a plane.
23. Buy my dad his dream house in the Adirondacks (or mountain town of his choice).
24. Dance Flamenco in Spain.
25. Eat cheese, baguettes, and wine in France.
26. Adopt a dog from a shelter.
27. Go for a helicopter ride in Hawaii.
28. Live on the west coast.
29. Get something named after me.
30. See the Grand Canyon.
31. Hike Mt. Marcy with my kids.
32. Ski Jackson Hole.
33. Swim with dolphins.
34. Run with the bulls.
35. Make an impact. Big or small. Everyday.
36. Walk across Abbey Road.
37. Throw a surprise party.
38. See the ancient pyramids.
39. Go snowmobiling.
40. Walk the streets of Morocco.
41. Plant a tree.
42. See the Vatican City.
43. Watch a bullfight.
44. Stand on the Great Wall of China.
45. Go to Burning Man.
46. Go cliff jumping.
47. Learn to surf.
48. Go to Platform 9 3/4.
49. Drive a dune-buggy.
50. Go to the Winter Olympics (as a spectator).
51. Ride a camel in the desert.
52. See the Taj Mahal.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment