Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Preparation Mode

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller

In just 20 days I will be flying out to Spain to start the adventure of a lifetime. Right now I'm preparing myself--both physically and mentally. Peppering my friends who have gone abroad last semester, I've learned some helpful tips on what to pack and what to leave behind. I'm also starting to semi-grasp what lies ahead of me. I think right now I'm most nervous for living with a host family and of course, trying to communicate in a foreign language. In the next three weeks I'm going to brush up on my Spanish and hope for the best! But I'm truly beginning to leave the anxiety and nervous phase behind (well, mostly) and embrace the excitement phase. I know I'm never going to get another experience like this again. Bring it on!

P.S. Make sure to check this every week or so once I hop over the pond. I will be using this blog to update everyone back home on a weekly or more basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment